Taste of the Wild has dog food lines that include dry and wet foods for both puppies and adult dogs. There are four dry and canned flavors for adult dogs, while puppy line is presented in two tastes of dry kibble formulas. Today I’d like to share with you my personal opinion on TOTW puppy food in roasted venison taste.
As far as quality is concerned, there is no record of Taste of the Wild Prairie puppy recall history, while the adult formulas were last recalled in 2012 because of salmonella contamination.
Key Features of Taste Of The Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula with Bison & Roasted Venison (30-Pound Bag)
Even though it doesn’t state it in the name, this is another of the Taste Of The Wild grain-free dog food formulas. All the components of the mix are combined with the philosophy of foods that dogs would eat if they were to find them themselves in the wild. Thus less carbohydrates and more protein.
Analysis of Taste Of The Wild High Prairie puppy formula shows 28% of minimum crude protein, 17% fat and 365 calories per cup – this is a rich enough nourishment for puppies that are growing fast without putting your pet at risk of getting too fat.
Ingredients in TOTW High Prairie Puppy Dog Food Formula
Pretty much every pet food company is now claiming to use natural ingredients from only high quality sources. Yet pet owners are always skeptical. Considering the well-known brand name, I had very high expectations starting to write this review on Taste Of The Wild High Prairie puppy formula with bison and venison.
To put it in the nutshell, I have to admit that Taste Of The Wild High Prairie Puppy Food ingredients are natural and more than reliable:
- Buffalo – source of protein that contains less fat than beef;
- Meal of lamb and chicken – great sources of protein and shouldn’t be confused with lamb and chicken by-products as I’ve seen in many other Taste of the Wild puppy food reviews;
- Sweet potato – good alternative source of carbohydrates;
- Peas and egg products;
- Tomato and tomato pomace – provide vitamins and fiber.
The manufacturer claims not to use any artificial preservatives or flavorings. And with roasted bison and venison further down the list – TOTW products really cost what the retailers are asking for.
Taste Of The Wild Grain Free Puppy Food with Roasted Venison & Roasted Bison Prices & Discounts
If you are just like me and prefer shopping for dog foods online, you will have no problem finding discounts on one of the local pet shop websites. In general, TOTW High Prairie Puppy Formula prices are one of the cheapest, so this could be the best part of this review of Taste Of The Wild High Prairie puppy formula with bison & roasted venison.
- High in meat contents;
- Even though grain-free, has good sources of carbohydrates;
- Doesn’t contain any artificial preservatives, colors or flavors;
- Affordable price is one of the major pros concerning how much dog food a puppy should eat to gain weight;
- Great variety of sizes: 30 lb, 15 lb and 5 lb.
- Even though this particular Taste Of The Wild aliments is recognized by AAFCO, some other flavors are not. However, the nutrient stats are well above government recommendations, so this formality shouldn’t affect the rating of the brand products.
- Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula with Bison and Roasted Venison Dry Dog Food, 30-Pound Bag => View on PetFlow
- Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Prairie Dry Dog Food for Puppy, 15-Pound Bag => View on PetFlow
- Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Prairie Dry Dog Food for Puppy, 5-Pound Bag => View on PetFlow
It’s not rare to find positive reviews on Taste Of The Wild Bison And Venison puppy formula and my analysis confirms their grounds: the manufacturer was very diligent to include balanced ingredients and the price is more than reasonable.
Overall I’m satisfied with nutrition facts and my puppies like the taste, that’s why I started with a 5-pound bag, but then quickly moved to a 30-pound one.